Online shopping and daily drop-offs have become customary for numerous residents. You appreciate the ease of having packages delivered right at your main entry, but there is a downside. Those parcels sitting in plain sight are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a serious issue, but you are able to do something about it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These surveillance instruments are great tools to combat porch pirates, but they provide so much more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why they’re sure to come to be an integral aspect of your smart home.
Advantages of a Columbus video doorbell
Manufactured in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps improving. You now have the ability to implement detection zones, talk to people at your door, and get immediate updates whenever a package arrives.
The easiest way to find out how a Columbus video doorbell camera works is to look at the many benefits it gives you. Think about the following features:
- Active deterrents: You won’t find this on every model, but there are several smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging theft with warning lights and audible alerts. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know somebody is watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the total picture, and that includes the faces of individuals at your door and boxes on the walkway below. Video doorbells with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision provide a complete perspective.
- High-resolution images at any hour: What’s the point of having a doorbell camera if the images are blurry and challenging to see? Leading models will give you amazing high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You are able to enjoy immediate alerts from video doorbells that can tell the difference between people and boxes.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is a person lingering at your door? Bi-directional audio allows you to inquire about why they’re there. You could even take advantage of this helpful feature to deter people lurking around your walkway.
- Prevent false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to set up your own detection zones. Clearly defining the space to be monitored will let you reduce false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Instant video access: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home provides you the chance to access live and recorded video right from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you are able to interact with them right from your phone, no matter where you are. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, show you what’s happening, and even allow you to communicate with whoever’s at your door. They’ve turned into game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.