Tips to cut down on false alarms in Columbus
False alarms may become a legitimate problem for your home’s security. Not only can they be costly and time-consuming, but they may lower the confidence you have in your equipment. Luckily, you may do some things to minimize false alarms from your Columbus home security system.
As the first step, be sure that your devices set up properly. This will probably appear to be common sense, but it’s often the case that basic mistakes trigger false alarms. Next, watch out for possible causes of false alarms, such as entry points that may be kept unsecured inadvertently. And of course, feel free to use the various options like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Columbus.
Could it be really that easy? Read on and find out.
Can you avoid false alarms in Columbus?
Just like you would address any concern, the initial step is to read the manual. Ensure all alarms and sensors are installed properly on your end by:
- Performing a diagnostic via your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually check each device to be certain it didn't become dislodged or need a new battery.
- Inspect your preset schedules to ensure that your home’s security isn’t engaging at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all recently added smart devices are incorporated in the proper fashion and aren't disrupting your alarms.
Contact your customer service agent if you are still having issues cutting down false alarms in your Columbus system. They'll be happy to dispatch a trained expert to inspect your setup.
Inspect your entry points
If your configuration checks out alright, the ensuing measure is to thoroughly inspect your property. Are your doors and widows tightly secured, or are any mistakenly cracked? If an entry point stays unsecured, it might activate a motion sensor. In the event your family routinely neglects to secure an entry point, you can incorporate a smart locking system that automatically locks when your system is engaged. Unfortunately, windows require additional physical effort, especially if you have a loved one who likes to fall asleep with a window cracked. Thankfully, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to deactivate that alarm while protecting the remainder of the property.
Automation tends to be a smart method to cut down on false alarms in Columbus
One of the smartest methods to minimize the chance of false alarms is to integrate home automation into your home security system. When utilizing your mobile security app, have the ability to:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re on site and avoid false alarms caused by mistakenly opening doors or windows. Then have your alarm system automatically set again after dark when you’re asleep.
- Have your system disarm as your smart lock is activated with the right code.
- Utilize geotracking to turn on your alarm as you depart the premises, then disarm when you come back to the house.
- Get mobile notifications when your implements sense uncommon movements or have need of a fresh battery.
- Pair your equipment to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the mobile app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Columbus with a Vivint smart home
Greater authority over your home security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint smart home, reach out to (614) 820-1364 or submit the form below.